My fiance and I were craving something sweet last night, but our pantry was looking pretty bare. We were in desperate need of a quick fix for our sweet tooth. When he mentioned “no bake cookies,” I immediately started searching for recipes. I came upon a recipe from one of my favorite, trusty food blogs Brown Eyed Baker. WARNING: This recipe is extremely sweet so you may want to cut back on the sugar.
No-Bake Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Cookies
(yield 2-3 dozen; cooktime 10 minutes; total time 20 minutes)
1/2 cup (1 stick of butter)
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 handful chocolate chips
1. Add the first three ingredients to a sauce pan.
2. Bring to a rolling boil and let boil for 1 minute.
3. Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until smooth.
4. Then, fold in the oats and chocolate chips. The chocolate chips will melt into the cookies.
5. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto wax paper-lined baking sheets. Let stand until set. You can speed up the process by cooling them in the refrigerator.
(Recipe adapted from Brown Eyed Baker)